Carmine Therapeutics, Singapore
Carmine Therapeutics is an Esco Ventures X company pioneering a powerful new class of drugs based on engineered red blood cells extracellular vesicles (RBCEVs), founded by Esco Ventures and Professors Harvey Lodish, Minh Le and Jiahai Shi. Carmine focuses on developing a therapeutic platform that would address some of the technological unmet needs related to the delivery of next generation therapies such as nucleic acids. Carmine was awarded the 2019 Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Golden Ticket to LabCentral (Cambridge, MA), and is well-capitalized to develop first-in-class therapies against genetic diseases. Carmine is based both in Cambridge, MA as well as Singapore.
The Discovery Team in Carmine Singapore is looking for a Research Associate to join us in this exciting venture. An ideal candidate is one who is independent, meticulous, technically competent, and able to work efficiently across multiple projects.
· Perform routine and specialty histology techniques and image analysis
· Assist in in vivo experimental studies involving small laboratory animals
· Assist in lab management duties including procurement, inventory management, ensuring equipment wellbeing by timely scheduling of maintenance/ servicing/ calibration. Ensure smooth day-to-day operations in the lab
· Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of research data, inventories, protocols, maintenance logs, sample processing logs, SOPs etc
· Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare oral presentations or written reports
· Contribute to scientific and strategy discussions to achieve R&D milestones
· Support the continued protection, creation, and expansion of company’s intellectual property
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
· Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences/Life Sciences with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
· Proficiency in standard and complex histology techniques such as harvesting and processing of organs and tissues, embedding (paraffin and OCT), sectioning (paraffin- and cryo-sectioning) and staining (immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence, H&E, specialty stains etc). Familiarity with multiple imaging modalities.
· Basic laboratory techniques that include molecular biology (such as qPCR, ELISAs, western blot), cell culture and flow cytometry
· Good communication skills and able to work in a fast-paced startup environment
· Energetic, highly motivated, supportive and collaborative
Interested candidates, please submit a CV to email@example.com.