Scientist – Molecular and Cell Biology
Esco Ventures X, Singapore
Esco Ventures X (EVX) is a biotech venture builder that is dedicated to nurturing promising early-stage startups with novel innovations and technologies in the life sciences arena that will improve human well-being and quality of life. EVX co-founds and invests in biotech startups with inventors and is deeply involved in all aspects of company formation, including assembling the team, business and research and development operations.
EVX is looking for an accomplished Scientist to join us in the incubation of an exciting new potential venture. The candidate must be independent, technically competent and able to efficiently work with project timelines. The ideal candidate is one who is energetic, innovative and highly motivated, with strong expertise in molecular and cell biology.
· Design, execute and troubleshoot experiments
· Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare oral presentations or written reports/ scientific manuscripts/literature for publication.
· Present data from research work internally and externally.
· Contribute to scientific and strategy discussions to achieve R&D milestones
· Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of research data, inventories, protocols, maintenance logs, sample processing logs, SOPs etc.
· Lab management duties including procurement and equipment maintenance by timely scheduling of maintenance/servicing/calibration.
· Support the continued protection, creation, and expansion of company’s intellectual property.
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
· PhD in Biology or related discipline
· Expertise in molecular cloning is a must
· Experience in construction and use of libraries, such as yeast 2 hybrid, phage display libraries or CRISPR libraries will be preferred
· Experience with cell culture and a wide variety of cell-based assays is a must
· Experience in next-generation sequencing will be preferred
· Familiarity with in vivo experimental techniques such as drug administration by various routes, the isolation of cells from harvested tissues/organs will be preferred
· General laboratory techniques that such as cell culture, cell-based assays, molecular assays (such as qPCR, ELISAs, western blot), microscopy, flow cytometry, in vivo animal experiments.
· Able to manage and ensure smooth operations in the lab
· Able to work in a fast-paced startup environment
· Effective team player with a meticulous nature
Interested candidates, please submit a CV and cover letter to